Donald Trump States He Is Not Contemplating Providing Tomahawk Cruise Missiles to Ukraine.
FormerPresident Donald Trump stated this past Sunday that he is not actively considering providing Ukraine with advanced Tomahawk cruise missiles. After being asked by a journalist aboard his plane, he replied, “No, not at the moment.” Earlier reports had indicated the Pentagon told the administration that U.S. stockpiles of Tomahawks were sufficient to enable such a delivery.
Ukrainian Military Efforts Continue Without Missile Lack
Although Ukrainian forces has been pursuing Tomahawk missiles to conduct far-reaching strikes against Russian targets, it has nonetheless managed to conduct a successful operation using its domestically-produced drones and rockets against Moscow's military and key targets, including oil depots and refineries. This past Sunday, a Ukrainian drone attack targeted the Tuapse oil port on the coast, igniting a blaze and harming two vessels, according to Russian authorities. Nearby airfields in the region also had to be closed.
Turkish Oil Plants Shift to Alternative Crude Sources
Turkey's largest oil refineries are increasing procurement of alternative crude in response to the latest western restrictions on Russia, as reported by industry insiders. The country is a significant buyer of Russian crude, along with China and India, but processing companies are following India's example in reducing supplies.
STAR Refinery Diversifies Crude Procurement
One of the largest Turkey's refining plants, SOCAR Turkey Aegean Refinery (STAR), operated by Azeri firm SOCAR, has lately purchased multiple cargoes of crude from Iraq, Kazakh, and additional alternative producers for year-end delivery, as per sources. These purchases amount to roughly tens of thousands of barrels daily of alternative supply, varying by cargo size. By comparison, Russian crude made up nearly all of the STAR refinery's crude intake in recent months, amounting to about 210 thousand bpd, according to trade information. SOCAR declined to provide a statement.
Another Major Refiner Also Boosting Non-Russian Buys
Another leading Turkey's refiner – Tupras – was additionally increasing acquisitions of alternative types of crude, according to two insiders. Tupras was furthermore expected to in the near future entirely phase out Russian crude at one of its primary major Turkish plants to maintain petroleum shipments to the EU without breaching the European Union's upcoming sanctions. Tupras did not respond to a inquiry for comment.
Ukraine Deploys Elite Units to Eastern City
Ukraine has deployed elite troops to the heavily contested eastern city of Pokrovsk in an attempt to repel an intense Russian offensive involving thousands of soldiers, according to Kyiv’s top military leader. Pokrovsk, called “the entrance to Donetsk,” lies on a key logistical line for the Kyiv's military and has been in Moscow’s sights for over a twelve months as Moscow pushes to control the entire eastern Donetsk area.
Recent Developments in Pokrovsk
No fewer than two hundred Moscow's troops had penetrated the city's defences, Ukrainian officials said last week, while military experts concluded that others were advancing on its outskirts in a encircling movement. In his evening speech on this past Sunday, the Ukrainian president spoke of the fighting in the city and “results in the elimination of the invading forces.”
Zelenskyy Reveals Enhanced Air Defense System
The president, who has been pushing his allies for more air defense systems to counter Russia’s strikes, stated on Sunday that Ukraine had reinforced its air defense capabilities with Germany’s assistance. “We've strengthened the U.S.-made Patriot element of our Ukrainian air defence,” he declared, referring to the advanced American air-defence systems. Not offering additional details, the Ukrainian leader specifically thanked Berlin and its chancellor, the German chancellor, for gratitude.
Moscow's Attacks Kill Civilians, Cut Power
Moscow's unmanned aircraft and rockets targeting Ukraine killed no fewer than six people, among them 2 minors, and cut power to tens of thousands of residents, officials said on this past Sunday. Russian forces attacked the Dnipropetrovsk and Odesa regions, said the representatives of Ukraine’s prosecutor general. The victims were two boys of ages eleven and 14, stated Ukraine’s ombudsman. The attacks cut electricity to the entire eastern Donetsk region as well as nearly 58,000 homes in the south Zaporizhzhia region, their governors said. The Eastern military unit said some of its personnel were killed in one of the Russian attacks on the region.